Can I Help…?
Welcome, I would like to reassure you that here, you are put first. Whatever your difficulties, you can be assured of a warm welcome and a safe, caring environment to work together and explore them.
My job as a therapist is to say… “What about you?”
I am a long, established registered therapist BACP (British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy) As a transactional analyst, psychotherapist and counsellor, I take what I do very seriously. With 20 years experience, I am fully trained, insured and qualified to treat a range of emotional and behavioural difficulties with individuals, couples and students of all orientations.
An important part of training to become the therapist I am, is that I also spent many hours in therapy myself. This helps me to understand some of the difficulties you may have in coming to counselling and psychotherapy. Over the following years I made the transition from client to therapist, now, 20 years on, as a practitioner, I have learned to combine my personal and clinical experience in my work to give you the best experience of therapy and get you well.
It is a widely known truth that the single most important factor in successful outcomes of therapy is the relationship between therapist and client.
Put simply, therapy works well with someone you feel comfortable with
- Approach – Everyone is unique and there is no one-size-fits-all approach to therapy. I believe everyone is OK, working together in a transparent and equal way and everyone is entitled to live life fully, with respect around the profound value of self-esteem, from the inside out.
- Convenient – I am easy to get to and from, walking distance from the train station, trams and buses. If travelling by car there is also on-street car parking.
- Discreet – I have a discreet practice located in the heart of Nottingham, close to and between Nottingham Castle or Nottingham Playhouse.
- Diverse working background – As a therapist and mentor, I have worked in different settings, from GP’s surgeries and universities and my background is in Teaching, Sales, Management and Design. I have a good understanding of working in these environments.
- EAP – Employee Assistance – An immense benefit for both the employee and the employer, offering cost-effective bespoke service supporting staff who are stressed, waiting considerable lengths of time to access the NHS. Early intervention makes a real difference
- Everyone has worth, can think, and make decisions about themselves.
- Experience of 20 years – I have a broad portfolio of experience, working therapeutically with many different people in different settings; NHS, County Council, Education. Experience makes a difference, less on your time, less sessions, less on your costs.
- Flexible – I understand how hard it can be to set aside time to focus on yourself. Especially in the professions that require shift work, for example NHS. Once established, I can be flexible to suit your changing availability and still meet your weekly needs.
- Non-judgemental – I will not judge you.
- Objective – The difference between talking to a therapist and talking to your best friend, mum, dad or partners is that I am objective, I am uninvolved, an experienced trained observer of the material you bring to me. My job is to help someone join the dots in your life and it is important that I remain objective.
- Safe – It is a priority for me to help you to feel safe and at home when you embark on this journey of change, and this is exactly what you find here at Private Counselling Nottingham….warmth makes all the difference.
- You -You will be seen and heard and everything that you do will be about you.
From my own experience, therapy is a relationship of trust and respect. To help you to feel better, to know more about yourself, find real inner peace, happiness, and understand how to get more of it.
On our first meeting I will carry out a full assessment where I take a detailed history and medical information, and listen to you to ensure the best course of action thats right for you.
Employee Assistance – High impact – Low Cost = Win Win!
Stress and anxiety develops when demands made on employees feel overloaded and under tremendous pressure that is greater than their ability to cope causing long-term absence from work impacting family, community and colleagues in the workplace. Stressful life events that might impact on employees.
Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP) gives employers an opportunity to support staff, and can prove an invaluable resource to help safeguard employees’ mental health and wellbeing.
Private Counselling Nottingham, works with corporate and local businesses to assist employees. Counselling and psychotherapy can make an immeasurable difference supporting employees through various changes before they become distractions and affect home life, work performance and attending work. Counselling and psychotherapy provides the opportunity for proactive and interventional support for members of staff that is immensely beneﬁcial to both the employee and the employer.
Employee assistance is desirable economically and socially and especially beneﬁcial for small businesses, with fewer employees. Small businesses can suffer quickly due to a decreased performance and productivity or workplace negativity. Improving employee satisfaction and especially decreasing the stress that small business owners experience when managing numerous responsibilities with little support.
- anxiety – generalised anxiety disorders and stress
- relationship issues – affairs
- feeling sad – lack of concentration, isolation
- separation and divorce
- illness – return to work after long term illness
- bereavement and loss
- family issues
- work-life balance
- witness to grievance/disciplinary matters
A healthier, happier workforce means a lower absence rates, increased productivity and higher levels of engagement.
- reduced levels of sickness and stress
- staff retention and improved recruitment
- increased productivity and performance
- reduced burden of support on colleagues and mangers
- interpersonal communication issues
- improve wellbeing, boost morale and see rewards
Prevention is better than cure
I draw professionally on a blend of therapeutic models within the Transactional Analysis and Person-Centred frameworks, and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) all of which are designed to help you explore your thoughts and behaviours, and emotions.
I am bound by and adhere to the BACP’s Ethical Framework and code of ethics and practice. I work with regular supervision and I’m committed to my ongoing Continual Professional Development (CPD) that helps to inform the quality of my work.
If you think you or somebody you know needs some help you can either give me a call or complete my contact form and I will get back to you within 24 hours.
I take referrals from businesses – employee assistance programmes (EAP), GP’s and solicitors.
PRIVATE COUNSELLING NOTTINGHAM
“Thank you for your dedication to helping me understand and appreciate myself. I will always remember you at the beginning of my journey. Your kindness, care and gentle fierceness is inspiring. You bring out the beauty in others that is hidden from themselves. I will miss you.” (A.M)
I see clients at the following times:
Monday - Thursday 1pm - 8pm
Please call for available times and dates, availability can vary at short notice.
All calls and messages are confidential. I take referrals from businesses - employee assistance programmes (EAP), GP’s and solicitors.
Telephone: 07555 298 298
Safe, light and peaceful... breathing space, where you can show up as you are.
Private Counselling and Psychotherapy in Nottingham For Women and Men of all Ages