What is counselling about?
The idea of seeking counselling may feel uneasy if you are unsure what it is about.
Here are some key points of what the terms ‘counselling’, ‘psychotherapy’ and ‘therapy’ are about:
- during counselling or psychotherapy, no one will tell you what you should do.
- counselling and therapy are non-judgemental processes.
- during counselling, no one tells you how you should be feeling.
- counselling allows you to focus on troubling issues.
- counselling allows you to learn and understand your triggers.
- counselling and psychotherapy often deals with working life changes.
- steadily explore, understand and learn how to express your emotions appropriately.
- counselling can be about your mental health, emotions and well-being.
Whatever the problem, change is inevitable. Change can mean; changing your mind, change of feeling, making a decision, changing your behaviour – action or simply letting go. Whenever you make changes you to give up something old to make room for something new. Change can be a stranger you have yet to know positively, but with the right support and positive attention, change can help you enormously and free you from your current position, improve your life and become your best friend.
There are times in your life when you ‘can’t see the wood for the trees’, counselling can be enormously helpful, to open up and talk to someone who has your best interests at heart and no agenda.
Simply, pick up the phone or fill in an contact form and we can work together from there.
PRIVATE COUNSELLING NOTTINGHAM
“Apart from the fact the Rae is genuine, so easy to be with, you saved my life. THANK YOU!!”
Monday - Thursday 11am - 8pm
Please call for available times and dates, availability can vary at short notice.
All calls and messages are confidential. I take referrals from businesses - Universities, GP’s and solicitors.
Safe, light and peaceful... breathing space, where you can show up as you are.